We are not just experts, we are certified: LATAM Cargo CEIV Pharma certified since March 2017
|We are the first airline in the American Continent awarded by the International Aviation Transportation Agency (IATA) with the Center of Excellence of Independent Validators (CEIV) PHARMA certification as an Airline, as well as certified as a PHARMA products handler in our Miami Hub. These certifications guarantee that we comply with the best international standards regarding pharmaceutical transportation following the recommendations of operations manuals from active container providers, the GDP for pharmaceutical products, the IATA PCR/ Chapter 17 and the Annex 5 of the World Health Organization (WHO).|
We divide our PHARMA offerings in two different products PHARMA PASSIVE and PHARMA ACTIVE:
Pharma passive - A unique service, as unique as your shipments
This specialized product provides a strict protocol in the “passive” management of pharmaceutical cargo. We ensure first class treatment minimizing the time cargo spends outside the temperature-control supply chain.
|Available storage temperatures include: 2C-8C, 15C-25C, and 2C-25C.|
Procedures in accordance with IATA Chapter 17 and GDP guidelines.
|Segregation from perishable cargo at origin and destination stations.|
|Use of thermal blankets to minimize temperature fluctuations.|
|||Temperature monitoring through the use of thermographs.|
Complement your shipment with the following additional services for Pharma Passive:
• Thermo-Pallet Trailer: Service for refrigerated trucking from storage warehouse to aircraft. Currently available at our FRA station, and is subject to additional fees/conditions.
- • Full-Pallet Reception: Available at FRA, AMS and BRU stations. This service is subject to storage capacity.
Pharma Passive coverage:
ALL: Three temperature ranges are available
* The first portion of the transportation may be performed via refrigerated RFS (Available Options: AMS-FRA, FRA-AMS).
** The first portion of the transportation will be performed via refrigerated RFS (Available Options: BRU-FRA, BRU-AMS, BSL- FRA, BSL-AMS, ORD-MIA, ORD-JFK).
*** Only available in freighter aircrafts.
**** Subject to monthly schedule. Please check with your account manager.
Booking and tendering requirements:
Our clients must book shipment under one of the following accepted passive products:
(1) “EXP PHARMA 2ºC - 8ºC”;
(2) “EXP PHARMA 15ºC – 25ºC”; or
(3) “EXP PHARMA 2ºC – 25ºC”.
• The air waybill must be completed according to the IATA PCR/Chapter 17 guidelines.
• The Freight Forwarder must specify the booked temperature range in the “Handling Information” field of the air waybill.
• All packages must be labeled with the IATA “Time and Temperature Sensitive” label and all information must match the information declared on the air waybill.
We move the following passive containers:
|Provider||Container type (*)|
|SkyCell||770C /||1500C /||2500C /||-|
Pharma active - aiming for safety and effectiveness
This specialized product is the perfect solution to maintain pharmaceutical cargo in a temperature controlled chain throughout the entire transportation process. We ensure first class treatment with an adequate handling of active containers.
The main traits of this product are:
|Available temperature range: between -20 and +25⁰C, depending on the selected container.|
Examination of containers’ physical conditions at various points of the transportation.
|Special procedures to ensure optimal functionality of containers (dry ice and replacement batteries included).|
|||Container lease and return options.|
We offer transportation of Envirotainer, CSafe, and Dokasch containers, pursuant to the following table
|Provider||Electric-Based||Dry Ice- Based|
|Envirotainer (EV)||RAP e2||RAP t2|
|RKN e1||RKN t2|
|CSafe (CS)||CSafe RKN||-|
|Dokasch (DO)||Opticooler RAP |
We offer two additional services for PHARMA Active:
- • Premium Container Leasing Options: We manage the lease of active containers directly with the provider, offering the Freight Forwarder/ Shipper a simple way of booking and transporting cargo that requires active packaging (available for Dockasch and Envirotainer). This service is subject to additional fees and conditions.
- • Container Re-Delivery:In the event that there is no container recovery station at your destination, we offer to ship the active container to its respective collection location. This Service is subject to additional fees and conditions.
EV: Envirotainer | CS:CSafe | DO: Dokasch
* The first portion of the transportation will be performed via RFS (Options: ORD-MIA, ORD-JFK, BRU-FRA, BRU-AMS, BSL-FRA, BSL-AMS, AMS-FRA, FRA-AMS).
**subjet to flight availability
We handle your tracking devices
Freight Forwarders may use their own tracking devices to monitor temperature, humidity, vibrations, and other related factors during the entire transportation chain. The following devices are approved for transportation in LATAM Cargo and all of its passenger and cargo affiliates aircrafts:
- Fedex SenseAware 2000
- Berlinger Q-tag CLm doc
- Moog Crossbow ILC2000
- OnAsset Sentry 400 FlightSafe *
- OnAsset Sentry 500 FlightSafe *
- Sendum PT300D
- CartaSense U-sensor
- KN BlueSensor U-Sensor model 100115
- Smart Point SP3000T
- Smart Point SP3000T/H5
- iTAG Monitoring system *
- Sense Aware 3000
- Controlant, CO 10.01 Real-Time Logger
- Roambee Sensor Bee
- Roambee Beacon
- Roambee Sensor Beacon
- InTemp CX500 Series Temperature Logger
- ZillionSource Technolog, ZS-300
* This RFIDS are not allow to be transported in aircrafts 747-400
Can be combined with the following type of services
Please contact your sales representative for more information regarding PHARMA.