Live animals - only domestic flight in Brazil
TAM Cargo and TAM Airlines value the physical integrity, health and safety of animals while transporting them in their flights.
To transport Live Animals, customers should request reservation, 24 hours before the flight, at the Call Center (0300 115 9999), informing the shipment details (weight of animal, total weight of animal + packaging and dimensions of the package) to get the transport quote.
Wild and/or Exotic Animals:
To transport wild or exotic animals, clients should complete the "Termo para embarque de animais silvestres/exóticos" form.
In compliance with ethical and sustainable principles, the company informs that it does not transport wild and/or exotic animals, primates or any other animals, whose purpose of transport is: laboratory research, scientific studies or commercial exploitation.
Dogs and cats:
Dogs and cats more than 60 days old will be accepted for transport, provided they are duly documented and in packaging that is appropriate for the size and weight of the animal.
Brachycephalic dogs and cats:
Short snout, compact skull and a compressed upper respiratory system are some of the characteristics of brachycephalic dogs and cats. The company accepts animals with such characteristics for transport (provided the Declaration of Responsibility for transport of brachycephalic animals has been completed and signed). However, these animals require special care because of breathing difficulties caused by their anatomical and physiological characteristics. To know more about transporting brachycephalic animals, contact our Call Center at 0300 115 9999.
Check the packing tips section for further information.
- Dogs and Cats: Sanitation certificate (health or vaccine) valid for up to 10 days, issued by a qualified veterinarian, duly registered with the competent authority, certifying that the animal is in adequate health conditions for air transport.
- Guia de Transito Animal (GTA) issued by Brazil’s Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supplies (MAPA) and its authorized booths or by veterinary centers authorized to issue the document.
- Invoice, in case of animals whose sale is controlled and requires authorization from IBAMA, the Brazilian environmental protection agency.
- Authorization from IBAMA for wild animals controlled by it.
- The company reserves the right to refuse any animal that is aggressive and/or violent, and this applies also to brachycephalic dogs and cats with any abnormality at the time of acceptance.
For more information, contact our Call Center at 0300 115 9999.
For internacional transportation 0300 788 2272